Applicants Data Protection Declaration
A. General Provisions
In the following, we inform you about the processing of your personal data in the course of your application process. Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
We reserve the right to adapt this data protection declaration with effect for the future. We recommend that you read the data protection declaration from time to time and keep a printout or copy for your records.
II. Controller/data protection officer
The data controller pursuant to Art. 4(7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) is Marvel Fusion GmbH, Theresienhöhe 12, 80339 Munich, Germany, represented by the CEO Moritz von der Linden, email@example.com (herein referred to as “we” or “us”). You can reach our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or our above postal address with the addition “the data protection officer”.
III. Which personal data to we process?
We may process in particular the following personal data from you:
· Identity and contact data, including name, title, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, employment history, education and/or professional background, tax status, job title and function, and other personal data relevant to the relationship between you and us;
· Where applicable: information that we have come into contact with you through our recruiting website/a recruiter; and
· Where applicable (e.g. for reimbursements): financial information, including your bank account information and other information necessary to process payments.
There is no obligation to provide us with your personal data. However, if personal data is required for processing your application, the provision is necessary if you wish to apply for a job with us.
IV. How do we collect your personal data?
We may collect your personal data in particular under the following circumstances:
· When you contact us by telephone, email, our recruiting website or other electronic means or in writing, or when you provide us with other information directly; and
· When the personal data is provided to us by a third party (such as a recruiter or a member or your organization).
V. For which purposes do we process your personal data?
We may process your personal data in particular for the following purposes:
· Identifying you as a (prospective) applicant;
· Correspondence with you;
· Evaluating your qualifications to fill vacancies;
· Informing you about a vacancy for which you might want to apply;
· Carrying out the application process;
· Internal statistics;
· Paying compensation for travel expenses;
· In the course of an employment relationship with you; and
· Exercising and defending our legal rights and complying with court orders.
VI. Legal Basis
The legal basis for processing your personal data includes one or more of the following:
· Sec. 26(1) German Federal Data Protection Act;
· You have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes (Art. 6 (1)(1)(a) GDPR);
· Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract (Art. 6 (1)(1)(b) GDPR);
· Processing is necessary for legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms (Art. 6 (1)(1)(f) GDPR).
VII. Who can access your personal data?
Depending on the specific situation, your personal data may be accessed by our management team, the department you are applying to work with, and our legal, finance, accounting, and People teams.
In addition, we may disclose your personal data to third parties, including our contractors in connection with services they perform for us, e.g. data processing service providers such as Microsoft, Kumavision, Personio, PinPoint, professional advisors or consultants. We may further disclose your personal data to courts, law enforcement agencies, and government authorities.
This may include recipients in countries outside the European Economic Area that do not offer the same level of data protection as the country in which you are located and whose level of data protection has not been recognized as adequate by the European Commission. Such transfers will only be conducted if the requirements pursuant to Art. 44 et seq. GDPR are met, in particular if standard contractual clauses have been entered into and respective transfer impact assessments have been conducted or if you have given your consent pursuant to Art. 49(1)(1)(a) GDPR.
VIII. Security of Processing
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
IX. Your rights
You have the following rights with regard to your personal data:
· Right of access (Art. 15 GDPR);
· Right to rectification (Art. 16 GDPR) or erasure (Art. 17 GDPR);
· Right to restriction of processing (Art. 18 GDPR);
· Right to object to processing (Art. 21 GDPR);
· Right to withdraw consent (Art. 7(3) GDPR); and
· Right to receive the personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have those personal data be transmitted to another controller if the prerequisites of Art. 20(1)(a,b) GDPR are met.
You can exercise your rights by notifying the contacts listed in section 2 above. You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us (Art. 77 GDPR).
X. How long to we retain your personal data?
We will delete your personal data collected before you submit an application (e.g., e -mail correspondence with you) at the latest within two years after they have been collected, unless an employment contract is entered into between you and us or you have given consent to longer retention.
If your application results in employment, then your personal data will be used for setting up the employment contract and stored in our personnel management system for the duration of the employment.
If your application does not result in an employment relationship, we will delete your personal data collected in connection with your application three months after the application process has been completed (except for title, name, position applied for, date of application/rejection, outcome of the application process), unless you have given us your consent in accordance with Art. 6(1)(1)(a) GDPR for longer-term storage of your personal data to be able to consider you for new job offers.